Buildings Analyst - Remote Eligible
Are you passionate about climate tech and the growing opportunities around next-gen, net zero buildings? GreenBiz Group is currently seeking a part-time Buildings Analyst to join our collaborative and committed team. The Analyst will work to grow and nurture the community of buildings professionals engaging with GreenBiz — including spearheading development of the inaugural Buildings Program, one of six that comprise our flagship VERGE event. The Analyst will report to the Senior Vice President & Executive Director, VERGE and collaborate closely with the other GreenBiz Analysts. Overall compensation for this Part-Time (20 hours a week) role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $55,000- $80,000.
- Leading on the development and execution of the Buildings Program, which includes:
- Spearheading the development of an advisory board and conducting interviews to understand and synthesize the landscape, informing conference sessions
- Defining the scope and focus of the Buildings Program
- Reviewing and evaluating speaker proposals related to the Buildings Program
- Identifying, recruiting and spearheading coordination with content partners, moderators and speakers to develop the sessions that will comprise the Buildings Program
- Providing feedback on applications for the buildings component of the VERGE Accelerate startup pitch competition
- Consulting with marketing about potential community partners and forging introductions where appropriate
- Consulting with sales about potential sponsors/exhibitors and forging introductions where appropriate
- Scoping out growth opportunities for GreenBiz Group in the built environment sector, including in the areas of:
- Deeper strategic partnerships
- Peer-learning networks
- Additional digital events
- At least three years experience working in the building environment or related industries.
- Excellent communicator with strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work internally with colleagues across teams, including sales and marketing and externally with customers and partners outside of GreenBiz.
- Quick thinking, learning and problem-solving capability.
- Comfort working amidst ambiguity and bringing a strategic lense to growing and nurturing a community.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Google Apps (Drive, Sites, etc.).
- A professional or personal commitment to sustainability.