About This Position
Brightworks Sustainability is seeking a Proposal Coordinator. This position will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team, and will collaborate with and support the work of our Consulting teams as they contribute to the sales process.
This position supports and streamlines the efforts of our Proposal Manager and consulting staff as they engage with prospective clients, respond to requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for qualifications (RFQs), and sales-related pitches and interviews. This position contributes to high-quality and timely responses to sales-related requests by preparing templated written content for consulting staff to customize for unique project needs, preparing relevant qualifications based on our project portfolio, supporting the tracking of sales-related data, prompting participants in the sales process with timelines and reminders, and producing visual presentation content for client presentations according to our brand identity and template guidelines.
A successful candidate for this position will enjoy and excel at:
- Working with a distributed team of professionals in a fast-paced environment, communicating clearly with staff of a variety of seniority levels and professional backgrounds via email, chat and video calls.
- Providing an eye for detail within a document or presentation to produce clear, cohesive, compelling, and error-free sales materials.
- Learning about new topic areas within sustainability and the built environment on the fly, from technical systems for energy analysis to projects promoting occupant health and wellness strategies.
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting the sales/marketing process for an A/E/C (Architecture, Engineering, or Construction) or related firm (as either prime or subcontractor).
- Experience producing or supporting high-quality documents and presentations with Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with swift and clear communications in writing, live interactions, and using virtual technology platforms such as email and chat.
- Experience creating written and visual content in collaboration with subject matter experts, and based on brand identity guidelines and templates.
- A basic understanding of green building-related certification frameworks (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, etc) and/or other technical sustainability-related content such as energy performance.
- Experience using CRM program Salesforce
- Experience using Adobe InDesign
This position will be located in our Headquarters office in Old Town / Chinatown Portland, Oregon.
This position has a hybrid work schedule allowing some remote (work from home) work with some in-office work required.