Senior Associate, Development
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT), seeks a Senior Development Associate to serve a vital role in helping IMT secure resources that enable us to deliver bold energy and climate solutions in partnership with communities, businesses, and government stakeholders. This person will contribute to fundraising planning and implementation, working with current and future IMT donors and collaborating with IMT’s development team on donor cultivation and stewardship, proposal writing and reporting, and management of development processes. The Senior Development Associate will report to the Associate Director of Development.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with excellent communication skills, who is comfortable with managing projects with lots of moving parts.
- In collaboration with the communications team,
- Provide strategic input into multi-year approaches to expand major donor engagement and support for IMT energy, climate and social equity
- Ownership of philanthropic, private, and government donor prospecting by identifying and researching potential funders aligned with IMT’s mission, sourcing grant opportunities, and reporting recommendations to IMT leadership.
- Maintain funding related records and manage the delivery of deadlines and reports, including coordinating funder meetings, as needed.
- Work with IMT’s Communications team on digital content for donor appeal emails and make recommendations for the timing and parameters of appeals, as well as drafting donor appeal emails and other fundraising materials, as needed.
- Draft donor acknowledgement letters
Grant and donation management
- Support end-to-end grants management by:
- Draft letters of intent, grant proposals, and impact reports
- Establish and monitor timelines for proposal development
- Assist program staff in developing project narratives, tracking metrics and meeting grant goals, and promoting accomplishments to funder audiences
- Submit grant proposals and reports in a timely manner
- Manage campaigns in IMTs’ Development portal in Salesforce, owning their creation and entering cash and in-kind gifts (including matching gifts, recurring gifts, offline donations, grant awards, membership payments, etc.) and pledges.
- Track and provide weekly and monthly reports on the performance of all grants and other fundraising initiatives, including corporate donations and memberships, grant awards and individual donor contributions.
- Provide annual information updates to in GuideStar and Charity Navigator
- Contribute to other priority projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with foundation proposal and donor appeal writing experience
- Experience with fundraising or philanthropy, particularly in a nonprofit or corporate setting
- Prior experience working with constituent data management systems, preferably Salesforce
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Passion to contribute to climate protection and advancing social and environmental justice
This is a full-time position located at IMT’s headquarters in Washington, DC. However, remote employment will be considered. IMT currently encourages remote work in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience and based on geographic location. IMT offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance and disability coverage. IMT also offers generous paid time-off and certain commuter benefits for the DC-metro area.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Development Associate” in the subject line.